- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
2019: 7 APC Governors who endorsed Buhari’s 2nd term
Seven APC governors have come out to endorse President Buhari for a second term in 2019
The seven APC Northern governors namely Governor Abubakar Bello (Niger); Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe); Yahaya Bello (Kogi); Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano); Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna); Jibrilla Bindow (Adamawa) and Simon Lalong (Plateau), yesterday met with President Buhari, at the state house, where they endorsed him for a second term.
Speaking to state house correspondents after the meeting, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who spoke on behalf of the governors, said they owe no one an apology for declaring their interest for President Buhari to run in 2019.
We are politicians and those of us you see here want the President to contest the 2019 election. We have no apologies for that. We believe in Mr. President, we want him to continue running the country in the right direction.
People can speculate about 2019, we have no apologies. Whether they are right or wrong is beside the point. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but as governors, and most of us here with the exception of Yobe Governor, are first time governors. We are interested in continuity and stability and we want the President to continue with that.” he said
President Buhari is yet to declare publicly his interest to run for a second term.