- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
2019: 7 APC Governors who endorsed Buhari’s 2nd term
Seven APC governors have come out to endorse President Buhari for a second term in 2019
The seven APC Northern governors namely Governor Abubakar Bello (Niger); Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe); Yahaya Bello (Kogi); Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano); Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna); Jibrilla Bindow (Adamawa) and Simon Lalong (Plateau), yesterday met with President Buhari, at the state house, where they endorsed him for a second term.
Speaking to state house correspondents after the meeting, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who spoke on behalf of the governors, said they owe no one an apology for declaring their interest for President Buhari to run in 2019.
We are politicians and those of us you see here want the President to contest the 2019 election. We have no apologies for that. We believe in Mr. President, we want him to continue running the country in the right direction.
People can speculate about 2019, we have no apologies. Whether they are right or wrong is beside the point. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but as governors, and most of us here with the exception of Yobe Governor, are first time governors. We are interested in continuity and stability and we want the President to continue with that.” he said
President Buhari is yet to declare publicly his interest to run for a second term.