- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
2019: 7 APC Governors who endorsed Buhari’s 2nd term
Seven APC governors have come out to endorse President Buhari for a second term in 2019
The seven APC Northern governors namely Governor Abubakar Bello (Niger); Ibrahim Gaidam (Yobe); Yahaya Bello (Kogi); Abdullahi Ganduje (Kano); Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna); Jibrilla Bindow (Adamawa) and Simon Lalong (Plateau), yesterday met with President Buhari, at the state house, where they endorsed him for a second term.
Speaking to state house correspondents after the meeting, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who spoke on behalf of the governors, said they owe no one an apology for declaring their interest for President Buhari to run in 2019.
We are politicians and those of us you see here want the President to contest the 2019 election. We have no apologies for that. We believe in Mr. President, we want him to continue running the country in the right direction.
People can speculate about 2019, we have no apologies. Whether they are right or wrong is beside the point. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion, but as governors, and most of us here with the exception of Yobe Governor, are first time governors. We are interested in continuity and stability and we want the President to continue with that.” he said
President Buhari is yet to declare publicly his interest to run for a second term.