- Biafra: Presidency finally speak on Nnamdi Kanu’s reappearance
- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
Tragedy: Boat accident killed Scores in Nasarawa
Many people were feared drowned when a passenger boat capsized on its way from a market in Loko, in the Nasarawa Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
It was learnt that the tragedy occurred around 3.30pm on Sunday. A witness told our correspondent that the boat, which had about 100 passengers, did not arrive at its destination before it capsized, adding that while some of the passengers were rescued with varying degrees of injury, many others were still missing.
He said a team of local divers were still making efforts to find the missing passengers.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Nasarawa State Command, DSP Kennedy Idirisu, said he was not privy to the information.
He, however, promised to get back to our correspondent after making some findings.
He had yet to do so as of press time
Some residents of the community, who spoke to our correspondent, appealed to the state government to fast-track the construction of the Loko/Ewato Bridge to ease the transportation problem of residents.