- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
Tragedy: Boat accident killed Scores in Nasarawa
Many people were feared drowned when a passenger boat capsized on its way from a market in Loko, in the Nasarawa Local Government Area of Nasarawa State.
It was learnt that the tragedy occurred around 3.30pm on Sunday. A witness told our correspondent that the boat, which had about 100 passengers, did not arrive at its destination before it capsized, adding that while some of the passengers were rescued with varying degrees of injury, many others were still missing.
He said a team of local divers were still making efforts to find the missing passengers.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Nasarawa State Command, DSP Kennedy Idirisu, said he was not privy to the information.
He, however, promised to get back to our correspondent after making some findings.
He had yet to do so as of press time
Some residents of the community, who spoke to our correspondent, appealed to the state government to fast-track the construction of the Loko/Ewato Bridge to ease the transportation problem of residents.