- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
5-yrs-practicing Fake Lawyer arrested after N342,000 fraud in Imo State
After practicing for 5 years, law has finally caught up with one Beatrice Obiageli Nnamuoh, a fake lawyer.
35-year-old woman, Obiageli Nnamuoh was paraded alongside other suspects at the Imo State Police Command Headquarter in Owerri on Thursday, March 1.
Briefing newsmen, the Commissioner of Police, CP Chris Ezike, said the suspect from Iyiawu Village, Onitsha Anambra State but resident at Okporo Orlu, Imo State, was arrested on February, 1, after defrauding members of the public of various sums totally over N342,000.00 with the pretence of selling auction vehicles to them having severally posed as a Lawyer.
In the course of investigation, the suspect confessed to be fake Lawyer and have been in practice for the past five years.
She also confessed to have forged the letter headed papers bearing Basil C. Okereke – Seat of Wisdom Chambers No. 10 Orlu/Amakohia Road.
A search conducted at her residence led to the recovery of lawyers Gown, Wig, Collaret, Letter headed papers and case diaries.
She will be charged to Court soon.