- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
5-yrs-practicing Fake Lawyer arrested after N342,000 fraud in Imo State
After practicing for 5 years, law has finally caught up with one Beatrice Obiageli Nnamuoh, a fake lawyer.
35-year-old woman, Obiageli Nnamuoh was paraded alongside other suspects at the Imo State Police Command Headquarter in Owerri on Thursday, March 1.
Briefing newsmen, the Commissioner of Police, CP Chris Ezike, said the suspect from Iyiawu Village, Onitsha Anambra State but resident at Okporo Orlu, Imo State, was arrested on February, 1, after defrauding members of the public of various sums totally over N342,000.00 with the pretence of selling auction vehicles to them having severally posed as a Lawyer.
In the course of investigation, the suspect confessed to be fake Lawyer and have been in practice for the past five years.
She also confessed to have forged the letter headed papers bearing Basil C. Okereke – Seat of Wisdom Chambers No. 10 Orlu/Amakohia Road.
A search conducted at her residence led to the recovery of lawyers Gown, Wig, Collaret, Letter headed papers and case diaries.
She will be charged to Court soon.