- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
5-yrs-practicing Fake Lawyer arrested after N342,000 fraud in Imo State
After practicing for 5 years, law has finally caught up with one Beatrice Obiageli Nnamuoh, a fake lawyer.
35-year-old woman, Obiageli Nnamuoh was paraded alongside other suspects at the Imo State Police Command Headquarter in Owerri on Thursday, March 1.
Briefing newsmen, the Commissioner of Police, CP Chris Ezike, said the suspect from Iyiawu Village, Onitsha Anambra State but resident at Okporo Orlu, Imo State, was arrested on February, 1, after defrauding members of the public of various sums totally over N342,000.00 with the pretence of selling auction vehicles to them having severally posed as a Lawyer.
In the course of investigation, the suspect confessed to be fake Lawyer and have been in practice for the past five years.
She also confessed to have forged the letter headed papers bearing Basil C. Okereke – Seat of Wisdom Chambers No. 10 Orlu/Amakohia Road.
A search conducted at her residence led to the recovery of lawyers Gown, Wig, Collaret, Letter headed papers and case diaries.
She will be charged to Court soon.