- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
5-yrs-practicing Fake Lawyer arrested after N342,000 fraud in Imo State
After practicing for 5 years, law has finally caught up with one Beatrice Obiageli Nnamuoh, a fake lawyer.
35-year-old woman, Obiageli Nnamuoh was paraded alongside other suspects at the Imo State Police Command Headquarter in Owerri on Thursday, March 1.
Briefing newsmen, the Commissioner of Police, CP Chris Ezike, said the suspect from Iyiawu Village, Onitsha Anambra State but resident at Okporo Orlu, Imo State, was arrested on February, 1, after defrauding members of the public of various sums totally over N342,000.00 with the pretence of selling auction vehicles to them having severally posed as a Lawyer.
In the course of investigation, the suspect confessed to be fake Lawyer and have been in practice for the past five years.
She also confessed to have forged the letter headed papers bearing Basil C. Okereke – Seat of Wisdom Chambers No. 10 Orlu/Amakohia Road.
A search conducted at her residence led to the recovery of lawyers Gown, Wig, Collaret, Letter headed papers and case diaries.
She will be charged to Court soon.