- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
Yahoo boys controls most Nigerian record labels – D’banj
Music star, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has disclosed that most of the new generation record labels in Nigeria are founded by Yahoo boys.
D’banj, who was one of the panellists who discussed the topic, ‘Changing The Game: Artistes As Leaders’ at the 2018 Social Media Week in Lagos, said most label owners are operating blindly as they know nothing about music.
The ex-member of the defunct Mo’hits music crew further said that owners of record label do not know anything about music.
D’banj said, “Most of the new generation record labels are founded by Yahoo boys. You must understand first, why you are coming into music.
“Nigerian artistes need a lot of capacity building. It is only in Nigeria that the owner of a record label doesn’t know anything about music.”