- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
Yahoo boys controls most Nigerian record labels – D’banj
Music star, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has disclosed that most of the new generation record labels in Nigeria are founded by Yahoo boys.
D’banj, who was one of the panellists who discussed the topic, ‘Changing The Game: Artistes As Leaders’ at the 2018 Social Media Week in Lagos, said most label owners are operating blindly as they know nothing about music.
The ex-member of the defunct Mo’hits music crew further said that owners of record label do not know anything about music.
D’banj said, “Most of the new generation record labels are founded by Yahoo boys. You must understand first, why you are coming into music.
“Nigerian artistes need a lot of capacity building. It is only in Nigeria that the owner of a record label doesn’t know anything about music.”