- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
- Swazi king’s 8th wife, Senteni Masango commits suicide
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term in 2019
Yahoo boys controls most Nigerian record labels – D’banj
Music star, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has disclosed that most of the new generation record labels in Nigeria are founded by Yahoo boys.
D’banj, who was one of the panellists who discussed the topic, ‘Changing The Game: Artistes As Leaders’ at the 2018 Social Media Week in Lagos, said most label owners are operating blindly as they know nothing about music.
The ex-member of the defunct Mo’hits music crew further said that owners of record label do not know anything about music.
D’banj said, “Most of the new generation record labels are founded by Yahoo boys. You must understand first, why you are coming into music.
“Nigerian artistes need a lot of capacity building. It is only in Nigeria that the owner of a record label doesn’t know anything about music.”