- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Yahoo boys controls most Nigerian record labels – D’banj
Music star, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has disclosed that most of the new generation record labels in Nigeria are founded by Yahoo boys.
D’banj, who was one of the panellists who discussed the topic, ‘Changing The Game: Artistes As Leaders’ at the 2018 Social Media Week in Lagos, said most label owners are operating blindly as they know nothing about music.
The ex-member of the defunct Mo’hits music crew further said that owners of record label do not know anything about music.
D’banj said, “Most of the new generation record labels are founded by Yahoo boys. You must understand first, why you are coming into music.
“Nigerian artistes need a lot of capacity building. It is only in Nigeria that the owner of a record label doesn’t know anything about music.”