- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Yahoo boys controls most Nigerian record labels – D’banj
Music star, Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo popularly known as D’banj has disclosed that most of the new generation record labels in Nigeria are founded by Yahoo boys.
D’banj, who was one of the panellists who discussed the topic, ‘Changing The Game: Artistes As Leaders’ at the 2018 Social Media Week in Lagos, said most label owners are operating blindly as they know nothing about music.
The ex-member of the defunct Mo’hits music crew further said that owners of record label do not know anything about music.
D’banj said, “Most of the new generation record labels are founded by Yahoo boys. You must understand first, why you are coming into music.
“Nigerian artistes need a lot of capacity building. It is only in Nigeria that the owner of a record label doesn’t know anything about music.”