- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Kachikwu debunk rumors surrounding payment of Yusuf Buhari’s medical, private jet bills
Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu has debunked reports that he cleared the bill for the medical treatment of the president’s son, Yusuf Buhari.
Yusuf Buhari was flown abroad for further treatment after he and his friend, Bashir Gwandu, were severely injured along Gwarimpa road in Abuja on December 26, 2017.
Yusuf, who returned to the country last week, was initially admitted at Cedarcrest Hospital, Abuja.
Reacting to news that he funded the cost of the foreign trip and treatment, Kachikwu maintained his detractors were behind the claim.
He said it was the same persons who have been saying that he had intention to run for governor in his home state, Delta that was behind the rumour.
“When you add these developments together, then you can see my stand that it is pointless debating with people, who delight in lowly fantasy. They cannot transcend the unfortunate stations of pulling others down”, he told Thisday.
“Theirs is not to add value but connive with the dissidents of the society to destroy ideas that are development-focused and minds that are progressively sculpted. I do not belong to that class and will therefore not be seen as joining issues with them”.
On his alleged political ambition, Kachikwu said: “I have refuted this story time and time again, and for the umpteenth time, I want to place it on the record that stories about my governorship bid are sponsored to achieve whatever result.
“But the truth is that such stories have nothing to do with me as a person and even curious is that the peddlers are very consistent, meaning it is a calculated falsehood being sold to the public.
“I might not have a grasp of why they are doing this, it is not totally true, however that I do not have a clue why they are traveling this route. Unfortunately, it is cheap and undeserving of my precious time.
“That I am denying it again does not mean in another one month or two, they would still not dust the story up again, modulate and spin it from yet another angle.
“What this means is that those behind the stories are not just idle, they are clearly people of small minds, who have nothing productive and engaging to do but have elected to be canon fodders in the hands of equally feeble minds to fester whatever sinister plans they have.”