- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
House of Representatives recall Abdulmumin Jibrin from suspension
The House of Representatives has lifted the suspension placed on the former Chairman of House Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin.
Abdulmumin Jibrin was suspended in June 2017 after accusing the house leadership of Budget padding.
His recall comes after he sent a letter of apology to the House. The letter was read during plenary today by the Speaker of the House, Mr Yakubu Dogara.
While presenting the letter, Dogara said that the suspended legislator had met all the conditions necessary for him to resume his duties and that he is free to resume his legislative duties whenever he so wished.