- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Herdsmen now attack us with machine guns — Taraba residents
Despite ongoing Exercise, Ayem A Kpatuma (Cat Race) in Taraba state, residents of Takum and Ussa Local Government Areas of the State, have cried out that herdsmen are still having a field day, and even carrying out attacks on their communities using machine guns.
Speaking with newsmen on Thursday, Chairman of Ussa Local Government Council, Mr. Rimamsikwe Karma, stated that the marauding herders are not the regular herdsmen they had known, revealing that this ones are strange.
“The herdsmen that followed the army to our council are not friendly with our people, they are strange faces to us and they are killing people,” he said.
On his part, Chairman of Takum Local Government Area, Mr. Shiban Tikari, said, “It is sad to note that the soldiers of excise cat race are harassing our people in the towns while herdsmen are attacking and killing others in the rural communities
“We expect the soldiers to go into the bush and help us flush out killer herdsmen and kidnappers instead of beating up people in the town. The herdsmen that are coming into our community now with machine guns are not the traditional herdsmen we know and lived with over the years, I suspect they may the released Boko haram members”.