- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
Herdsmen now attack us with machine guns — Taraba residents
Despite ongoing Exercise, Ayem A Kpatuma (Cat Race) in Taraba state, residents of Takum and Ussa Local Government Areas of the State, have cried out that herdsmen are still having a field day, and even carrying out attacks on their communities using machine guns.
Speaking with newsmen on Thursday, Chairman of Ussa Local Government Council, Mr. Rimamsikwe Karma, stated that the marauding herders are not the regular herdsmen they had known, revealing that this ones are strange.
“The herdsmen that followed the army to our council are not friendly with our people, they are strange faces to us and they are killing people,” he said.
On his part, Chairman of Takum Local Government Area, Mr. Shiban Tikari, said, “It is sad to note that the soldiers of excise cat race are harassing our people in the towns while herdsmen are attacking and killing others in the rural communities
“We expect the soldiers to go into the bush and help us flush out killer herdsmen and kidnappers instead of beating up people in the town. The herdsmen that are coming into our community now with machine guns are not the traditional herdsmen we know and lived with over the years, I suspect they may the released Boko haram members”.