- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Herdsmen now attack us with machine guns — Taraba residents
Despite ongoing Exercise, Ayem A Kpatuma (Cat Race) in Taraba state, residents of Takum and Ussa Local Government Areas of the State, have cried out that herdsmen are still having a field day, and even carrying out attacks on their communities using machine guns.
Speaking with newsmen on Thursday, Chairman of Ussa Local Government Council, Mr. Rimamsikwe Karma, stated that the marauding herders are not the regular herdsmen they had known, revealing that this ones are strange.
“The herdsmen that followed the army to our council are not friendly with our people, they are strange faces to us and they are killing people,” he said.
On his part, Chairman of Takum Local Government Area, Mr. Shiban Tikari, said, “It is sad to note that the soldiers of excise cat race are harassing our people in the towns while herdsmen are attacking and killing others in the rural communities
“We expect the soldiers to go into the bush and help us flush out killer herdsmen and kidnappers instead of beating up people in the town. The herdsmen that are coming into our community now with machine guns are not the traditional herdsmen we know and lived with over the years, I suspect they may the released Boko haram members”.