- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Cultists butchers Man in Ogun following heated argument during a football match
A young man was hacked to death by machete-wielding cultists yesterday in Ijebu-Igbo, Ijebu North Local Government Area of Ogun State.
The violent incident took place on Sunday evening after an argument broke out during a football match at a Primary School in Oke-Agbo, Ijebu-Igbo.
Some young men were playing football on the primary school field when a number of them got into an argument which soon turned violent.
The young men fled in different directions but the victim was chased by cultists suspected to be members of Eiye Confraternity and he was hacked to death when they caught up with him. The assailants fled the scene immediately after the attack.