- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
- Swazi king’s 8th wife, Senteni Masango commits suicide
Plan to unseat President Buhari: Falae meet Obasanjo in Abeokuta, 19 years after contesting against each other
Exactly 19 years after contesting against each other in Nigeria’s first Presidential election of the 4th Republic, former President Olusegun Obasanjo and a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, met on Tuesday at Obasanjo’s Abeokuta residence with one agenda: how to unseat President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
Impeccable sources told one of our correspondents that Falae, who is the Chairman of the Social Democratic Party, and Obasanjo would strategise on how to bring all third force elements under one banner.
A source, who is privy to the meeting, said since Buhari had ignored all warnings by Obasanjo and other ex-generals not to seek a second term for the sake of the country, many of such political meetings would be taking place.
I came to discuss Nigeria’s affairs with Obasanjo, Falae says
The former Secretary to the Federal Government says he has come to visit a former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, about the affairs of the country.
He mentioned that to journalists as he emerged from the over two hours closed-door meeting held with the former president at his Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, at exactly 2.25pm.
He described Obasanjo as his former boss, and argued that the affairs of the country were greater than anybody’s political ambition.
He said, I am here to visit Papa Olusegun Obasanjo, former head of military government and former President of Nigeria who was my boss when I was the permanent secretary at the presidency. I have to come to see him about the affairs of Nigeria.
“The affairs of Nigeria are greater than the political ambition of anybody. So I came here to exchange views with Baba.”