- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Twowo suspects were arrested by the police in connection with the invasion, DAILY POST reports.
Reacting on the alleged invasion of the APC Secretariats, the Abia state chairman of the party, Honorable Donatus Nwamkpa flanked by leaders of the APC in the State, while addressing newsmen, accused Chief Ikechi Emenike and Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe, both of the chieftains of the party in Abia state of leading thugs to invade the party office.
Nwamkpa described the invasion of Abia APC Secretariate by hoodlums as shocking and commended the Abia commissioner of police for responding promptly to the distress call put to him.
He said the early intervention of the police saved the state from bloodshed and explained that Emenike was suspended by his ward and that he remained suspended.
The former Abia lawmaker, said, “This briefing is arising as a result of the ugly incident of today where one High Chief Ikechi Emenike accompanied by Dr. Emmanuel Ndukwe, and Engr. Okpechi led a group of hoodlums to the party’s secretariats while the leaders of the party were meeting at Wonderland event centre, Aba road, Umuahia.
“This invaders led by one Ikechi Emenike broke into the party office and carted away the valuables of the party, cash and photography of the party leadership”.
“As we speak to you now, we cannot see anything, only the picture of the President is here, the picture of the National Chairman and the state chairman have been removed. The secretariats was actually invaded. We are yet to assess the amount of money so far taken out of our purse”.
“As I speak to you , it came to the leadership of APC in the state as a shock. And we needed the intervention of the police to drive away the hoodlums from the secretariats. We called the commissioner of police, we thank him for responding promptly and this has saved Abia from bloodshed”.
“Let us say it clear that the so called Ikechi Emenike has no input in this Secretariate, and cannot reap what he did not sow. Chief Ikechi Emenike was duly suspended by his ward and remain suspended in the party”.
Effort by newsmen to reach Chief Ikechi Emenike for his comment failed at the time this report was filed.
See more photos below.