- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Politician dies in auto crash few hours after being sworn-in as LG deputy vice chairman in Oyo State
The newly sworn-in Vice Chairman of Irepo Local Council Development Area, Adeyemo Ojelade, and one of his political associates, Adediwura, died in a motor accident few hours after his swearing in on Monday May 14th.
The politicians were returning from Ibadan, the state capital, where they attended the swearing-in ceremony of the newly elected chairmen of the 33 Local Government Areas and 35 Local Council Development Areas of the state.
The accident occurred at Adefila Village, along Ogbomoso – Igbeti Road in the Oke-Ogun area of the state.
According to reports, the accident occurred after one of the tyres of the Honda car in which the politicians were traveling in, burst on motion causing the car to summersault several times in the process.
The remains of the deceased have been deposited in the morgue awaiting their families arrangement for their burial.