- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Politician dies in auto crash few hours after being sworn-in as LG deputy vice chairman in Oyo State
The newly sworn-in Vice Chairman of Irepo Local Council Development Area, Adeyemo Ojelade, and one of his political associates, Adediwura, died in a motor accident few hours after his swearing in on Monday May 14th.
The politicians were returning from Ibadan, the state capital, where they attended the swearing-in ceremony of the newly elected chairmen of the 33 Local Government Areas and 35 Local Council Development Areas of the state.
The accident occurred at Adefila Village, along Ogbomoso – Igbeti Road in the Oke-Ogun area of the state.
According to reports, the accident occurred after one of the tyres of the Honda car in which the politicians were traveling in, burst on motion causing the car to summersault several times in the process.
The remains of the deceased have been deposited in the morgue awaiting their families arrangement for their burial.