- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Musician lands in SARS’ net for holding riffle in a photo shoot
Nigerian artist Jhybo detained by SARS officers after a photo of him holding a rifle was found on his phone.
Jibola Jasper, popularly known as Jhybo, said he was detained by SARS officers along Oba Akran Avenue in Ikeja, Lagos, because of a photo on his phone.
He said the SARS officer forcefully checked his phone and found the photo above, so they held him, even after he explained that he’s an artist and the photo was from a video shoot.
He wrote: “Yesternight I was held by Sars men, along “Oba Akran” after he forcefully checked my phone n found this pic.. he said “ I’m gona hold you cus u carrying Rifle n wearing khaki”.. I was like can u see I was on set shootin my m/video, yet he wunt allow me go….. senseless !!!”
Brief about JYBO
Jibola Toriola popularly known as Jhybo Rapwoli was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria.
Jhybo started rapping & singing at the age of 10, from his early years to now he has built up an amazing catalogue of work. A very gifted & deep rapper with a great sense of humour often referenced in his work. Favorite and well known saying/chants are ‘Be Naa Ni’ – meaning > ‘That’s just the way it is’ and ‘Limolaligama Lagoboyo Lebosh’ > meaning ‘ Spiritual calling’.
Jhybo is well known as an indigenous rapper, predominately rapping in his local dialect, with his unique style he has amassed a huge fan base after releasing the popular track, ‘They Just Dey Run Their Mouth’, which featured the talented artist Cynthia Morgan. Shortly after Jhybo embarked on a solo mission releasing a number of singles funded independently – Over, Money Sure Pass, Rotate and also featured with a number of other artists.