- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Why I left UNILAG for ‘street’, became bus conductor – Small Doctor
Popular Nigerian singer, Temitope Adekunle, known as Small Doctor has narrated how he rose to stardom.
Small doctor speaking on Rubbin Minds, a Channels TV show said he dropped out of UNILAG because he had no time and money to concentrate on his studies as he was hustling to make money as a bus conductor.
“I had recorded my first single, I had been gaining airplay in my hood back then. Agege, Ogba, all those places.
“But person no fit just stand dey believe say dem go dey call you for show.
“Those times if you’re opportuned to be on the stage you go beg with the fact that they’ve been playing the song all the while. So I just needed to have some other things to just keep the ball going.
“Despite my early successes by going to school in my neighbourhood, I had to make a living, detailing his regular bus routes in Lagos.
“I was a conductor for years, almost a decade,From Agege to Ikeja, Ikeja to Maryland, Maryland to Yaba.
“I shuttled that place for like three to four years. I moved to Oshodi to Mushin under bridge. So it was from Oshodi to Mushin, Mushin to Oshodi I spent like six to seven years.
“I decided to go to school (UNILAG) during that time but had carryovers and could not concentrate due to lack of funds and time so I dropped out,” he disclosed.
He, however, added that he has plans on returning to school to complete his education very soon.