- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
APC Convention secretary resigns
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, the secretary of the National Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has resigned.
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu’s resignation takes immediate effect, according to his principal secretary, Godson Amadikwa who said Uwajumogu’d decision to resign from the committee was taken for personal reasons and also to advance the progress of APC in Imo State.
Senator Uwajumogu has identified with the anti-Governor Rochas Okorocha forces in Imo state, fighting for control of the party’s structure. While thanking the National Chairman and the NWC for the uncommon privilege given to him to serve within this period, Uwajumogu expressed appreciation to all who stood by him during his tenure.
The statement said the National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun has accepted the resignation, while wishing the senator well in his legislative duties.