- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
APC Convention secretary resigns
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, the secretary of the National Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has resigned.
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu’s resignation takes immediate effect, according to his principal secretary, Godson Amadikwa who said Uwajumogu’d decision to resign from the committee was taken for personal reasons and also to advance the progress of APC in Imo State.
Senator Uwajumogu has identified with the anti-Governor Rochas Okorocha forces in Imo state, fighting for control of the party’s structure. While thanking the National Chairman and the NWC for the uncommon privilege given to him to serve within this period, Uwajumogu expressed appreciation to all who stood by him during his tenure.
The statement said the National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun has accepted the resignation, while wishing the senator well in his legislative duties.