- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
APC Convention secretary resigns
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, the secretary of the National Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has resigned.
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu’s resignation takes immediate effect, according to his principal secretary, Godson Amadikwa who said Uwajumogu’d decision to resign from the committee was taken for personal reasons and also to advance the progress of APC in Imo State.
Senator Uwajumogu has identified with the anti-Governor Rochas Okorocha forces in Imo state, fighting for control of the party’s structure. While thanking the National Chairman and the NWC for the uncommon privilege given to him to serve within this period, Uwajumogu expressed appreciation to all who stood by him during his tenure.
The statement said the National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun has accepted the resignation, while wishing the senator well in his legislative duties.