- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
APC Convention secretary resigns
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, the secretary of the National Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has resigned.
Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu’s resignation takes immediate effect, according to his principal secretary, Godson Amadikwa who said Uwajumogu’d decision to resign from the committee was taken for personal reasons and also to advance the progress of APC in Imo State.
Senator Uwajumogu has identified with the anti-Governor Rochas Okorocha forces in Imo state, fighting for control of the party’s structure. While thanking the National Chairman and the NWC for the uncommon privilege given to him to serve within this period, Uwajumogu expressed appreciation to all who stood by him during his tenure.
The statement said the National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun has accepted the resignation, while wishing the senator well in his legislative duties.