- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Family of seven die inside auto crash in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu state have confirmed the death of a family of seven in an auto crash which occurred at Ugwu-Onyeama on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway on Sunday.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement, said the accident occurred at about 8am on the Enugu axis of the expressway.
Amaraizu explained that the accident involved a Toyota Camry with registration number CM960FKJ and a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number ENU75YY, belonging to a mass transit company.
He said the two vehicles, which were on top speed, collided in one lane of the expressway.
According to him, seven passengers in the Toyota car, who are members of the same family and one other from the bus, lost their lives in the accident.
The police spokesperson disclosed that their bodies have been deposited in the mortuary of the Enugu State University of Teaching Hopsital, (ESUTH), Parklane.
He added that four others sustained injuries in the crash, and were receiving medical attention at the same hospital.