- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
Family of seven die inside auto crash in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu state have confirmed the death of a family of seven in an auto crash which occurred at Ugwu-Onyeama on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway on Sunday.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement, said the accident occurred at about 8am on the Enugu axis of the expressway.
Amaraizu explained that the accident involved a Toyota Camry with registration number CM960FKJ and a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number ENU75YY, belonging to a mass transit company.
He said the two vehicles, which were on top speed, collided in one lane of the expressway.
According to him, seven passengers in the Toyota car, who are members of the same family and one other from the bus, lost their lives in the accident.
The police spokesperson disclosed that their bodies have been deposited in the mortuary of the Enugu State University of Teaching Hopsital, (ESUTH), Parklane.
He added that four others sustained injuries in the crash, and were receiving medical attention at the same hospital.