- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Family of seven die inside auto crash in Enugu
The Police Command in Enugu state have confirmed the death of a family of seven in an auto crash which occurred at Ugwu-Onyeama on the Enugu-Onitsha expressway on Sunday.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Ebere Amaraizu, in a statement, said the accident occurred at about 8am on the Enugu axis of the expressway.
Amaraizu explained that the accident involved a Toyota Camry with registration number CM960FKJ and a Toyota Hiace bus with registration number ENU75YY, belonging to a mass transit company.
He said the two vehicles, which were on top speed, collided in one lane of the expressway.
According to him, seven passengers in the Toyota car, who are members of the same family and one other from the bus, lost their lives in the accident.
The police spokesperson disclosed that their bodies have been deposited in the mortuary of the Enugu State University of Teaching Hopsital, (ESUTH), Parklane.
He added that four others sustained injuries in the crash, and were receiving medical attention at the same hospital.