- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
“No goat meat pepper soup for Super Eagles players” – Coach Gernot Rohr
Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr has banned players from eating goat meat and pepper soup as they prepare for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
This comes after consecutive losses to England and the Czech Republic in the World Cup friendly matches.
Rohr is now restricting the players who are camped in Austria from some certain meals as he bids to keep them in good condition for the tournament.
In an interview with Omasports TV, Gernot stated that the Super Eagles players will not be permitted to eat goat meat, pepper soup, and other spicy foods.
He said; “The reason is because nutritionist will tell you that too much spicy foods is not good for athletes.
“We have to observe what they tell us, and the medical team agreed that we cannot eat too much fat and too much spice.”
But he also revealed that there may be instances whereby the ban could be lifted.
He said, “For instance, there can be an exception on Sunday the night we will be here, there will be a little Austrian music, perhaps a little African food, from Madam ambassador so we will see.”