- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
2018 World Cup: Russia Bans Nigerian Supporters From Bringing Live Chicken Into Stadium
The Kaliningrad Stadium is the venue of Super Eagles’ World Cup opener against Croatia. The match is slated for Saturday 8pm.
The Supporters believe that live chicken painted in green and white, brings goodluck for their team.
Speaking about the request by the Nigerian supporters, Russian Minister of Culture and Tourism, Andrei Ernak, told interfax.ru that there is no way the supporters from West Africa would be allowed into the stadium with live chickens.
Ernak said, ”Our information center FM-2018 receives a lot of various questions.
“So, fans from Nigeria asked whether it is possible to go to the stadium with a chicken. This is their symbol, citizens are seen with them in all matches.
“We told them that it’s by no means possible to come with a live chicken.
”But if the Nigerians are rooting for their team in other places, we will of course advise them where the chicken can be bought.
The Nigerian supporters made the same request 8 years ago in South Africa. Nigeria fans were turned away from Ellis Park in Johannesburg after demanding to take chickens, painted green into the stadium where the team lost 1-0 to Argentina.