- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Court sentence Five kidnappers to death by firing squad for killing herdsman, abducting lawmaker
A Yola High Court has sentenced four kidnappers to death.
The convicts, Gambo Musa, Mana Musa, Abdu Baba and Mohammed Muazu (who died in custody), were found guilty of abduction and armed robbery.
The convicts were said to have robbed and abducted the Adamawa House of Assembly member representing Toungo constituency, Adamu Usman, and a retired civil servant, Wilson Gundiri.
Delivering judgement, the judge, Abdul-Azeez Waziri, gave the convicts 10 years each for conspiracy to commit abduction and death sentence for armed robbery.
Waziri said their deaths will be effected by hanging or firing squad.
Earlier, Waziri had on Monday sentenced five men to death for killing a herdsman.
The convicts, Alex Amos, Alheri Phanuel, Holy Boniface, Jerry Gideon and Jari Sabagi of Demsa Local Government Area of Adamawa were found guilty of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide.
They killed a herdsman and dumped his body into a river in Kadomon village after hacking several of his cattle.