- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
First ‘blind’ permanent secretary appointed in Ogun State
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State has sworn-in the state’s first visually impaired director, Akinyemi Andrew Elijah as permanent secretary.
Akinyemi Andrew Elijah was appointed Permanent Secretary (PS) in the State’s Civil Service. He was the second to be appointed in Nigeria to the position, according to available records.
Anambra took the lead last year, when Governor Willie Obiano appointed Azuka Ofomata as permanent secretary in the Ministry of Social, Children and Women Affairs.
Amosun said Elijah was appointed for his dedication, diligence and passion in the discharge of his duties.