5 risky foods that can easily make you sick
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations.
Not every food that is appealing to the eye and your sense of smell is necessarily healthy for consumption.
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations. Some organisms that are responsible for food poisoning are invisible and you therefore cannot tell if the food is indeed okay.
Here is a list of surprising foods that can make you dangerously ill:
1. Leafy vegetables
Green vegetables such as spinach, kales, and lettuce are enriched with nutrients that we all need. However, they can turn out to be dangerous depending on where they are grown. They may pick pathogens from infected soil that will then cause food poisoning. Always ensure you wash your greens well before eating them or heat them to kill poisonous bacteria.
I know this got you by surprise and it got me too. We all love rice and it is a very good source of carbohydrates. But then, eating left over rice is likely to cause you diarrhea, nausea or vomiting. While in the fields, rice picks Bacillus cereus which is a bacterium that survives even after cooking. The bacteria continue to multiply as the rice cools. As such, it is safest to eat your rice when it is still fresh and hot.
- SARS officers arrest cultists who killed man in a gory viral video
- Shoe dealer reveals how he lures, kills and dumps business partners in soak-away pit days after arrest
- Hushpuppi: FBI reveals huge Cyber-Heist, 800,000 emails of potential victims, social profiles as evidence
- Man who raped two-year-old girl sentenced to death in Kaduna
- VIDEO: Akure RCCG Pastor, Bakare caught pant down with a married woman in her husband’s house
- Boko Haram attacks UN helicopter, kills two
- Photo Of Fela Rocking Burna Boy’s Mother On Stage Surface