5 risky foods that can easily make you sick
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations.
Not every food that is appealing to the eye and your sense of smell is necessarily healthy for consumption.
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations. Some organisms that are responsible for food poisoning are invisible and you therefore cannot tell if the food is indeed okay.
Here is a list of surprising foods that can make you dangerously ill:
1. Leafy vegetables
Green vegetables such as spinach, kales, and lettuce are enriched with nutrients that we all need. However, they can turn out to be dangerous depending on where they are grown. They may pick pathogens from infected soil that will then cause food poisoning. Always ensure you wash your greens well before eating them or heat them to kill poisonous bacteria.
I know this got you by surprise and it got me too. We all love rice and it is a very good source of carbohydrates. But then, eating left over rice is likely to cause you diarrhea, nausea or vomiting. While in the fields, rice picks Bacillus cereus which is a bacterium that survives even after cooking. The bacteria continue to multiply as the rice cools. As such, it is safest to eat your rice when it is still fresh and hot.
- Man allegedly stabs his pregnant wife to death two months after their wedding
- 8 Nollywood actresses with smoking addiction — #5 is Asthmatic
- BREAKING: UCH CMD tests positive for coronavirus
- Two Nurses, One Doctor Infected With Coronavirus In Abuja Hospital
- BREAKING: Presidency releases video of Buhari receiving Health Minister, NCDC DG
- PHOTO: Man meets waterloo while raping a little girl inside a bush
- The Babcock University students’ intimate video that broke the internet
- Presidency refutes report of Buhari approving N30,000 relief fund to Nigerians
- 4 bridegrooms arrested for violating coronavirus lockdown order in Kaduna
- Staying strong for mama, Davido says as he takes on maternal duty of son while Chioma battles Coronavirus