- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
5 risky foods that can easily make you sick
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations.
Not every food that is appealing to the eye and your sense of smell is necessarily healthy for consumption.
Surprisingly, some foods we love eating can turn out to be very poisonous and even lead to death in extreme situations. Some organisms that are responsible for food poisoning are invisible and you therefore cannot tell if the food is indeed okay.
Here is a list of surprising foods that can make you dangerously ill:
1. Leafy vegetables
Green vegetables such as spinach, kales, and lettuce are enriched with nutrients that we all need. However, they can turn out to be dangerous depending on where they are grown. They may pick pathogens from infected soil that will then cause food poisoning. Always ensure you wash your greens well before eating them or heat them to kill poisonous bacteria.
I know this got you by surprise and it got me too. We all love rice and it is a very good source of carbohydrates. But then, eating left over rice is likely to cause you diarrhea, nausea or vomiting. While in the fields, rice picks Bacillus cereus which is a bacterium that survives even after cooking. The bacteria continue to multiply as the rice cools. As such, it is safest to eat your rice when it is still fresh and hot.