- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
Why self-assessment is important in romantic relationships
When you are single and ready to mingle but nothing seems to be coming forth; there’s a tendency to consider yourself, your ‘great’ traits and wonderful features and conclude that you’re alright and it is only a matter of time before someone great comes along.
But, really, will it be a matter of time, or a matter of change?
Maybe your singleness is not so much an issue of visibility than it is a matter self-delusion. What if you really are not as great as you’ve made yourself believe? What if you are doing just fine but somehow still fall short of the requirements needed to attract the type of man or woman you want?
You know, it’s easy to conjure the picture of an ideal partner in your mind but not so easy to have an appropriate image of yourself.
And this is why it is important to frankly ask yourself the introspective question – ‘would I date myself?’ and always provide brutally-honest self- assessments every time you do so [it should be very frequently, by the way.]
That could be where the key to finding a partner lies for you and several other singles reading this. Even for people who are already dating and those who are already married, there’s a continuous need for self-assessment, to constantly view one’s self through the clear prism of candid introspection.
Will I be happy with my partner if he or she acts this way? Will I be cool with them treating me this way? Will I ever accept this type of behaviour from them?
If there’s some character flaws about you that you would never endure from someone else, don’t be selfishly deluded into thinking they would bear it from you.
Also Read:Main Reasons Why Many Men Marry Late
It doesn’t work that way. If you wouldn’t take it, get to work on yourself and honestly strive to evolve beyond that.
By doing so repeatedly, you continuously become a better version of yourself up till the point where are confident enough to answer in the affirmative when you are asked: “would you date yourself?”