- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
This 20-minute workout will help you build some major muscle
Starting with the first two moves, perform each exercise for 45 seconds (per side, where directed), back to back; rest 15 seconds
Time: 20 minutes
Equipment: Exercise bench
Good for: Total-body toning, muscle-building
Instructions: Starting with the first two moves, perform each exercise for 45 seconds (per side, where directed), back to back; rest 15 seconds. That’s one set. Do two sets total, then continue to the next two moves and repeat the pattern until you’ve finished the entire workout.
How to: Lie faceup on floor with arms and legs in the air, knees bent 90 degrees. Maintaining contact between low back and floor, brace core, then slowly and simultaneously lower right leg until heel nearly touches floor and left arm until hand nearly touches floor overhead. Pause, then return to start and repeat on the opposite side. That’s one rep.
Perform this exercise for 45 seconds, and then immediately move to the next move.
2. Y-Raise With Single-Arm Pulse
How to: Stand with feet hip-width apart and hinge forward at hips, keeping back flat and core tight; raise arms to form a Y with upper body. Squeeze shoulder blades together to raise hands as high behind you as possible. Keeping left arm raised, slowly pulse right arm up and down three times, then return to start. That’s 1 rep. Perform all reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Perform this exercise for 45 seconds. Rest 15 seconds. Repeat the previous move, then this one again. Then continue to the next pair.