- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
5 reasons why you need a social media cleanse now
The ‘likes’, the ‘comments’, the ‘threads’. Admit it, you just may be a little bit addicted to social media. It has become such a part of our lives that we often can’t see when its doing more harm than good. So when exactly does it become too much? Here are 5 reasons why you need a social media cleanse now.
Social media is fast becoming an addiction in our hyper-connected world, and it’s silently wrecking you. Maybe you don’t even realise how much you depend on those comments, shares and follows.
If you recognise any of these signs, it’s time for a social-media cleanse.
1. You’re uninspired.
Inspired people do inspiring things. Of the 99 billion options, social media is not one. Make room for inspiration in your life by trimming the Facebook fat.
2. Your to-do list never gets done.
One step at a time is the best advice for accomplishing anything. But our modern world begs for a caveat: One uninterrupted step at a time. Social media competes for your focus and swamps your ability to power through work.
3. You haven’t hung out with offline friends in a month.
Social media is instantly gratifying. Flip open your laptop or glance at your phone, and you get a quick fix that affirms your opinions and latest selfies. But it’s not truly satisfying because it isn’t the real thing. You definitely need the real thing.