5 reasons why you need a social media cleanse now
The ‘likes’, the ‘comments’, the ‘threads’. Admit it, you just may be a little bit addicted to social media. It has become such a part of our lives that we often can’t see when its doing more harm than good. So when exactly does it become too much? Here are 5 reasons why you need a social media cleanse now.
Social media is fast becoming an addiction in our hyper-connected world, and it’s silently wrecking you. Maybe you don’t even realise how much you depend on those comments, shares and follows.
If you recognise any of these signs, it’s time for a social-media cleanse.
1. You’re uninspired.
Inspired people do inspiring things. Of the 99 billion options, social media is not one. Make room for inspiration in your life by trimming the Facebook fat.
2. Your to-do list never gets done.
One step at a time is the best advice for accomplishing anything. But our modern world begs for a caveat: One uninterrupted step at a time. Social media competes for your focus and swamps your ability to power through work.
3. You haven’t hung out with offline friends in a month.
Social media is instantly gratifying. Flip open your laptop or glance at your phone, and you get a quick fix that affirms your opinions and latest selfies. But it’s not truly satisfying because it isn’t the real thing. You definitely need the real thing.
- VIDEO: “Wealthy Igbo Group” ready to pay Pakistan Gang to set tortured Nigerian free
- Dubai police arrest 22-yr-old Nigerian for online dating scam
- REVEALED: Identity of “ANDREW” who fled and left his brother for torture after a failed drug deal in Pakistan
- Man cries for help as he’s tortured in the Middle East after his uncle used him as collateral and absconded
- Govt reacts to viral video of a Nigerian National tortured in Pakistan over debt of a suspected drug deal
- Hushpuppi’s lawyer Gal Pissetzky reveals client’s legitimate business, says he’s innocent
- $9.7m, £74,000 found in my house are gifts, ex-NNPC GMD Yakubu tells court