- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
Here are 13 things you should never do before bed
You should know that this is not just about the duration of your sleep, it also has to do with the quality.
2. Drinking coffee
You might already know that coffee before bed is a bad idea, but most people still indulge several hours before bedtime thinking it would leave their system after a couple of hours.
Truth is, caffeine can stay in the body for up to 12 hours. Even caffeine at lunch can be too close to bedtime for some people.
3. Drinking tea
While this might sound like an alternative to coffee because you simply enjoy a hot beverage before bed, it might come with its own issues.
Some teas actually contain some level of caffeine. If you do have to indulge, dunk your tea bag quickly into a cup of hot water, then dump the water out and make a second cup using that same tea bag.
Most of tea’s caffeine is released early on in the steeping process, so this may help you enjoy the flavour and warmth without so much of the stimulant.
4. Eat chocolate
Another sneaky source of caffeine is chocolate, especially dark chocolate with high cocoa contents. Keep off anything with chocolates in it, including ice cream, before bed especially if you are very sensitive to caffeine.
Chocolate also contains the stimulant theobromine, which has been shown to increase heart rate and sleeplessness.