- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
5 Ways To Keep Your Kidney Healthy
Symptoms of kidney dysfunction and disease include edema puffiness, high blood pressure, lethargy lack of energy, shortness of breath, confusion, back pain and abnormal heart rhythms
Your kidneys are vital organs that function mainly as filters and, therefore, have a big impact on fluid and electrolyte balance, blood pressure regulation, urine creation, red blood cell production and energy levels.
Symptoms of kidney dysfunction and disease include edema puffiness, high blood pressure, lethargy lack of energy, shortness of breath, confusion, back pain and abnormal heart rhythms. Maintaining healthy kidney function is usually a combination of stopping certain harmful behaviors along with adopting some beneficial habits.
Your kidneys are the organs in charge of filtering, absorbing, and reabsorbing water, salt, and ions in your body. Since they are the ones that clean toxic residue from your blood, they are the most important organs in your urinary system.
Below are tips to keeping your kidney healthy
1. Eat A Healthy Diet
Uncurbed consumption of high-fat and high-sugar foods make your kidneys work overtime because these foods overload your body with toxins. The result of this accumulation of toxins is that your kidneys must work harder than they should to keep your body clean. It’s also important to keep your cholesterol levels under control. People with high cholesterol tend to have kidney problems and serious problems if they already have kidney failure
Therefore it is vital to keep these foods out of your diet if you want healthy kidneys. Eat a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats.