5 Ways To Keep Your Kidney Healthy
Symptoms of kidney dysfunction and disease include edema puffiness, high blood pressure, lethargy lack of energy, shortness of breath, confusion, back pain and abnormal heart rhythms
Your kidneys are vital organs that function mainly as filters and, therefore, have a big impact on fluid and electrolyte balance, blood pressure regulation, urine creation, red blood cell production and energy levels.
Symptoms of kidney dysfunction and disease include edema puffiness, high blood pressure, lethargy lack of energy, shortness of breath, confusion, back pain and abnormal heart rhythms. Maintaining healthy kidney function is usually a combination of stopping certain harmful behaviors along with adopting some beneficial habits.
Your kidneys are the organs in charge of filtering, absorbing, and reabsorbing water, salt, and ions in your body. Since they are the ones that clean toxic residue from your blood, they are the most important organs in your urinary system.
Below are tips to keeping your kidney healthy
1. Eat A Healthy Diet
Uncurbed consumption of high-fat and high-sugar foods make your kidneys work overtime because these foods overload your body with toxins. The result of this accumulation of toxins is that your kidneys must work harder than they should to keep your body clean. It’s also important to keep your cholesterol levels under control. People with high cholesterol tend to have kidney problems and serious problems if they already have kidney failure
Therefore it is vital to keep these foods out of your diet if you want healthy kidneys. Eat a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats.
- Racial Killings: Protesters defy heavy rain in Lagos, march in solidarity with blacks against white brutality
- Pastor Adeboye reacts to killing of UNIBEN undergraduate
- BREAKING: FG relaxes ban on religious gathering, reduces curfew from 10pm to 4am
- Investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo congratulates Regina Daniels on the birth of her baby
- Photo Of Fela Rocking Burna Boy’s Mother On Stage Surface
- Police arrest 19-yr-old scammer who attempted to blackmail Queen Salawa Abeni with unclad photos
- Government reacts to viral video of a Nigerian man beaten to death in India
- Father Of Uwa Omozuwa, Who Was Raped And Murdered In RCCG Speaks
- Jurgen Klopp picks Okocha’s goal against Kahn as most spectacular in German football history
- Husband plucks 4 teeth from wife’s mouth after discovering his 3 children belongs to other men