- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
The Armed robbers had earlier attacked the local police station on Thursday where they shot and killed a policeman on duty with two detainees while also setting the only vehicle on sight , a Toyota Hilux on fire before proceeding to attack the banks at Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State.
The Edo State Police Public Relations Officer, Chidi Nwabuzor, confirmed the incident but said information about the attack was still sketchy. At least four other persons were reportedly killed at the banks when the armed men could not gain access to the vaults of the banks.
One of the youths in the community Ofei Obende said they tried to resist the robbers but were overpowered by their firepower but that the police in the banks had exchanged of gunfire which he said was responsible for the death of the three unidentifiable bodies. He said another unknown person was caught in the cross fire and could help police in their investigation.
Speaking on his mobile phone from Igarra, the Palace Secretary to the paramount ruler of the community, Otaru of Igarra, Elder Folorunsho Dania confirmed the incident but determined efforts to get across to the Edo state police spokesman, Mr. Chidi Nwanbuzor proved futile as his mobile phone was switched off