- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
17-yr-old girl cuts off fiance’s manhood in Jigawa for planning to dump her
A 17-year-old girl, Ramatu Tafida, has cut off the manhood of her 25-year-old fiance, Mr Abdullahi Sabo, in Jigawa State, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence has said.
“She described Abdullahi as the love of her life and that he had even introduced himself to her family members and had equally paid N30,000 as an introduction fee.
“However, Ramatu later learnt that the victim planned to dump her for another girl since he had already had sexual intercourse with her. She said that was what made her to kill her fiancé.
The suspect further confessed that it was while they were together and about to start their usual affair that she confronted the victim with the issue and he responded in the affirmative.
“Already, she had a knife with her which she brought out and used to off his manhood.
“After committing the offence, she ran to her parent’s house to inform her mother. And it was while she was there that the youths stormed the house.
The corps Spokesman in the state, Adamu Shehu confirmed this incident to the News Agency of Nigeria in Dutse on Saturday.
Shehu said the victim, a resident of Kofar Gabas and a teacher at the Government Girls Secondary School Babura, was engaged under the N-Power programme of the Federal Government.
According to Shehu, the attention of their officers was drawn by a good Samaritan who informed them that some youths were about to lynch a girl in Kofar Arewa, the residence of the suspect, to revenge their friend’s death.
“Immediately, the officers swung into action and went to the scene and whisked the girl away to our office for safety, but they still followed her.
“It was upon reaching the office that we found out what actually happened.
The NSCDC spokesman said that after knowing the situation, the officers rushed to the scene and took the victim to the hospital.
Sheu said that the suspect had already been charged to court and remanded in prison until Sept. 6 for further hearing.