- Breaking: 12 injured as 3 Storey Building Collapses in Lagos
- JUST IN: Court strikes out certificate fraud case against AbdulRazaq
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
Apart from comedy, here’s what Nigerian famous comedians do as ‘side hustle’
The comedy industry in Nigeria became a big deal in the 2000s with almost every event having comedians as hosts or as a side attraction.
No matter how much success these Nigerian Comedians have gotten from the trade of comedy, some of the Nigeria’s biggest comedians also engage in profitable ventures that keep them busy when they are not on stage making people laugh.
Below are famous comedians and what the do as their ‘side hustle’
Atunyoya Alleluya Akpoborome popularly known by his stage name Alibaba began his career appearing on radio and television shows while hosting events.nIn 1993, he registered his company and since then focused on making comedy a respectable profession which has earned him the title God-father of comedy.
Apart from being a comedian, he is an actor, events host and a businessman.
Outside Comedy and Acting; Alibaba has some projects that are hidden to the public, one of it was made known to the public recently because of the difficulties he had with Lagos government when the Ace comedian narrated how Lagos government frustrated a big project he had planned to generate revenue and create jobs in Lagos.
The comedian’s project was to convert two islands in the water facing the Third Mainland Bridge into recreational spot that could provide jobs and generate revenue for Lagos state but the government kept frustrating his efforts for over a decade until the Island was submerged in the water.