- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Looters hide money in Cemeteries — Gov Umahi makes shocking revelation
”Many of those who looted Nigeria’s money have it trapped in foreign banks, cemeteries” – Governor Umahi
Ebonyi state governor, Dave Umahi, says those who stole Nigeria dry during past governments all have their loots trapped in foreign banks and cemeteries.
Umahi aid this when he declared open the anti-corruption, ethics and integrity training session for Ebonyi State local government officials held in Abakaliki on Monday September 3rd.
The governor during his speech, advocated for amnesty for alleged looters saying such approach would help in arresting corruption and commit offenders in surrendering over 70 percent of looted public funds.
“We have so much of the looted funds trapped in foreign banks, some buried at the cemetery while many were buried underground where they were destroyed by termites.
But if there is a a negotiation like committing the looters into subtly surrendering at least 70 percent of the looted funds and keeping the rest or investing all the funds in the country; by so doing, we would have recovered the money and made use of it”, he said