- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
- Breaking: Finally, ASUU strike to end as union reaches deal with FG
- 2019 Precindency: SDP adopts Buhari as candidate
- Nigerian-born World Bank director, Haruna Mohammed is dead
- Ambode finally presents N852.31bn budget for 2019, to Lagos Assembly
It will be recalled that President Mohammadu Buhari on November 14th, 2017, commissioned the statue of Late father and leader, Late Ezeogo Dr. Akanu Ibiam in Ebonyi.
A young has been arrested by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for vandalizing all the fancy lights and pulling down statue of Dr. Akanu Ibiam at Abacha round about, Gunning Road, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
According to an eye witness, the man came to the vicinity with Monday hammer and other instruments, climbed the artificial water fall and commenced the destruction.
Before he started, he proclaimed that evil concoctions and charms was buried in the round about before the fancy lights were installed, hence, Abakpa traders and in deed Abakaliki people were held to a ransome by the evil forces in the state from progressing and even asking for their rights.
It was gathered that he removed some materials from the ground and assured the onlookers who were majorly traders in the market that, their liberation is assured having removed the obstacles on their way.
He pleaded with the people not to worry about what will befall him as he was sent by the Holy Spirit and that he will not be abandoned by his sender.