- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
It will be recalled that President Mohammadu Buhari on November 14th, 2017, commissioned the statue of Late father and leader, Late Ezeogo Dr. Akanu Ibiam in Ebonyi.
A young has been arrested by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for vandalizing all the fancy lights and pulling down statue of Dr. Akanu Ibiam at Abacha round about, Gunning Road, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
According to an eye witness, the man came to the vicinity with Monday hammer and other instruments, climbed the artificial water fall and commenced the destruction.
Before he started, he proclaimed that evil concoctions and charms was buried in the round about before the fancy lights were installed, hence, Abakpa traders and in deed Abakaliki people were held to a ransome by the evil forces in the state from progressing and even asking for their rights.
It was gathered that he removed some materials from the ground and assured the onlookers who were majorly traders in the market that, their liberation is assured having removed the obstacles on their way.
He pleaded with the people not to worry about what will befall him as he was sent by the Holy Spirit and that he will not be abandoned by his sender.