- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
‘No Nigerian president can succeed without Ndigbo’ – Presidential aspirant, Attahiru Bafarawa
Bafarawa, a two time governor of Sokoto State, made this known when Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi hosted him in Enugu on Tuesday. He was in Enugu to consult and intimate the party in the state about his intention to vie for the country’s president. “Ndi Igbo are partners in Nigeria unity, cohesion and political stability; nobody can govern the country without Ndi Igbo,’’ he declared.
He appealed to President Buhari to ensure that the 2019 general elections were free, fair and credible. Bafarawa said that Buhari had no alternative than to allow for credible poll in the forthcoming elections because “he is a beneficiary of free and fair poll in the country’’.
He commended Gov Ugwuanyi and the state PDP for the wonderful reception accorded him and delegates and promised to carry everybody along if elected as the country’s president. “I will carry everybody along politically in building a virile, united and prosperous Nigeria. This is my bond to Nigeria and Nigerians,’’ Bafarawa declared.