- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
Why Davido’s U.S performance was cancelled – Organisers
Organizers of the Dreamville Festival, in which Davido was expected to perform in Raleign, North Carolina, U.S., postponed the show indefinitely due to “Hurricane Florence”.
This is following a warning by the U.S. National Hurricane Centre to residents of a triple threat of Hurricane Florence in Carolina described as `a life-threatening storm surge’.
The Hurricane is expected to hit Carolina on Thursday, and over 1.5 Million people have been evacuated since the announcement of its advancement.
The indefinite postponement of the Festival was announced by the organisers on their Instagram handle @Dreamville.
They added that monies would be refunded to those that bought tickets.
“Due to safety concerns regarding dangerous weather, we are extremely saddened to announce today that the inaugural Dreamville Festival 2018 with Davido been cancelled.
“Our team has been working tirelessly with officials from the City of Raleigh, along with our state and Federal partners, among others, to monitor the potential negative impact of Hurricane Florence.
“With the current weather-related information at hand, we have together decided to cancel this year’s event for the ultimate safety of both local citizens and Festival attendees.
“Rest assured we are doing everything our power to make this event happen at a later time and we hope to share details regarding a possible new event date as soon as we possibly can,” the organisers said.
The festival which is the inaugural edition was slated to hold on Saturday at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh North Carolina. The one-day festival offers attendees a special celebration of music, culture, food and art, along with performance from J.cole himself.
Meanwhile, Davido was expected to perform alongside Big Sean, Young Thug, Teyena Taylor, Bas, Nelly and SZA, as well as the Festival creator J Cole, his manager Ibrahim Hamad and a host of artists. related interesting topic;Simi kneels on stage to greet music legend, Lagbaja (video)