- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
- BREAKING: Court adjourns El-Zakzaky’s trial indefinitely
Why Davido’s U.S performance was cancelled – Organisers
Organizers of the Dreamville Festival, in which Davido was expected to perform in Raleign, North Carolina, U.S., postponed the show indefinitely due to “Hurricane Florence”.
This is following a warning by the U.S. National Hurricane Centre to residents of a triple threat of Hurricane Florence in Carolina described as `a life-threatening storm surge’.
The Hurricane is expected to hit Carolina on Thursday, and over 1.5 Million people have been evacuated since the announcement of its advancement.
The indefinite postponement of the Festival was announced by the organisers on their Instagram handle @Dreamville.
They added that monies would be refunded to those that bought tickets.
“Due to safety concerns regarding dangerous weather, we are extremely saddened to announce today that the inaugural Dreamville Festival 2018 with Davido been cancelled.
“Our team has been working tirelessly with officials from the City of Raleigh, along with our state and Federal partners, among others, to monitor the potential negative impact of Hurricane Florence.
“With the current weather-related information at hand, we have together decided to cancel this year’s event for the ultimate safety of both local citizens and Festival attendees.
“Rest assured we are doing everything our power to make this event happen at a later time and we hope to share details regarding a possible new event date as soon as we possibly can,” the organisers said.
The festival which is the inaugural edition was slated to hold on Saturday at Dorothea Dix Park in Raleigh North Carolina. The one-day festival offers attendees a special celebration of music, culture, food and art, along with performance from J.cole himself.
Meanwhile, Davido was expected to perform alongside Big Sean, Young Thug, Teyena Taylor, Bas, Nelly and SZA, as well as the Festival creator J Cole, his manager Ibrahim Hamad and a host of artists. related interesting topic;Simi kneels on stage to greet music legend, Lagbaja (video)