- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
Nigerian Asylum seeker stabs colleague with broken bottle over 20 Euro in Italy
A Nigerian man seeking asylum in Italy has been accused of stabbing a fellow Nigerian man who he allegedly owed money.
The 22-year-old Nigerian tailor, who arrived in Sicily in September 2015, allegedly carried out the attack on July 30, 2018. He reportedly stabbed his 23-year-old creditor, who he owed Eur 20, with a broken bottle of beer which he purchased from a Chinese supermarket.
The asylum seeker was arraigned yesterday, 13th September, following preliminary investigations by the police who released the CCTV footage of the alleged attack.
A lawyer identified as Mara Tutone, represented the Nigerian immigrant as he said he did not understand the charges, because he does not speak Italian. Tutone thus asked the judge for the nullity of the protective measure (the obligation to sign) and remission in freedom.
This isn’t the first time the 22-year-old will be involved in a brawl. In 2016, after he had requested international protection, he had been denounced for a brawl in Lodi area and had been withdrawn from reception but had filed an appeal and still waiting for the outcome before being charged for the latest attack.