- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
Nigerian youths should put their best into politics like Davido, says actress, Ireti Doyle
Nollywood actress, Iretiola Doyle has spoken on Davido’s active involvement in the politics of Osun state in the past few weeks.
Davido, whose uncle is the standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the yet to be concluded governorship election in the state, has been a strong youth mobiliser for the opposition party.
However, Mrs Doyle said if Nigerians had demonstrated a similar passion and fervour in politics as Davido, the nation would have escaped the political and socio-economic doldrums it has found itself in present times.
She went further to urge Nigerians to get their PVC and aggressively support the candidate of their choice during the 2019 elections.
Sharing a photo of Davido on Instagram, the actress wrote on her Instagram handle: “Who he’s campaigning for and why is immaterial and beside the point.
“The way I see it, if a quarter of us got involved and pursued our political preferences with as much passion, single-mindedness, loyalty, doggedness and “we die here” fervour that @davidoofficial has displayed and sustained over the last several days, it’s safe to say that the last 2 decades probably wouldn’t have gone down the way they have and we probably wouldn’t be in the current socio-political situation we are in.
“It doesn’t matter how cerebral or articulate you are; backseat driving and armchair political analysis don’t change a thing.
“Everyone is analysing what A, B, C and D are doing, the real question is what are you doing? How are you getting involved? What is your political preference and how are you ensuring that you are effectively represented?
“Alas, classic Nigerianese, you no go do, person wey gree do will be damned for doing… Na so!
“Davido has found his “why”. I am PVC ready currently on the lookout for my “why”. A candidate whose politics I agree with, who I feel I can trust.” Another interesting topic; This Is Why I’m Supporting Buhari’s Re-Election – K1 De Ultimate