- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Tobi Kodaolu, 20, was paraded yesterday alongside his sibling, Kehinde Kodaolu, and another suspect, Hammed Babalola, both 18 years, before newsmen at the headquarters of the Ogun police command, Eleweran, Abeokuta, Ogun state.
Toni lured a commercial motorcyclist, named Oni Oluwajuwon, into the bush at Iyana Efon via Orile-Ilugun, Odeda Local Government, Ogun State, and killed him last week Wednesday.
The suspect, who is a farm labourer, told journalists that he had known Oluwajuwon in the neighbourhood and on the fateful day, he requested for his service which he agreed to. Tobi Kodaolu said when they got into a thick bush, he asked the motorcyclist to stop and he began to machete him.
I used my cutlass to cut him many times. And when he was gasping for air and certainly dying, I took away his motorcycle. I later came to meet them (referring to his accomplices) and we headed for Abeokuta.
The suspect said he intended to use the motorcycle for commercial purposes in Abeokuta.
Though the accomplices said the suspected murderer admitted them into an oath of secrecy a week before the killing and robbery, Tobi Kodaolu maintained that his sibling and the other suspect were not involved in the killing.
The Ogun State Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, said the remains of the owner of the Bajaj motorcycle marked Oyo GMO 513 UG were abandoned at the scene of the crime.
The three suspects were apprehended and brought to book through an enduring synergy with the Vigilante Service of Ogun State. Investigation further revealed that they (suspects) have been responsible for series of motorcycle snatching in Odeda and its environs.
The police chief advised commercial motorcyclists to avoid carrying two or more passengers at odd hours, especially in the busy area to forestall recurrence of such incident. You may also like; (Photos): Police arrest two suspected ritualists, the 3rd one lynched by a mob