- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
6 Nigerian artistes who have successfully sold out global concert venues
Nigerians are a very talented and hardworking set of people, and it is impressive when they achieve great feats on an international level. Some Nigerian musicians have taken music to the world stage to the joy of their fans.
It is no longer news that some entertainers have made the country proud by selling out world renowned concert venues.
NAN has gathered a list of artistes that have achieved such feat.
Singer Ayodeji Balogun, better known as Wizkid, became the first African musician to sell out a concert at the Royal Albert Hall in the UK. The ground breaking event took place on September 29, and it is no doubt one of the most iconic highlights in the singer’s career. The concert sold out two days before the actual event.
Wizkid has joined the likes of iconic stars, The Beatles, who also sold out the iconic venue.
The Baba Nla star also sold out the Skyway Theatre in Minnesota, on October 6, 2018. He is the first African artiste to sell out the theatre. He was also rewarded with a day set aside to celebrate him, called Wizkid Day.