- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
6 Nigerian artistes who have successfully sold out global concert venues
Nigerians are a very talented and hardworking set of people, and it is impressive when they achieve great feats on an international level. Some Nigerian musicians have taken music to the world stage to the joy of their fans.
It is no longer news that some entertainers have made the country proud by selling out world renowned concert venues.
NAN has gathered a list of artistes that have achieved such feat.
Singer Ayodeji Balogun, better known as Wizkid, became the first African musician to sell out a concert at the Royal Albert Hall in the UK. The ground breaking event took place on September 29, and it is no doubt one of the most iconic highlights in the singer’s career. The concert sold out two days before the actual event.
Wizkid has joined the likes of iconic stars, The Beatles, who also sold out the iconic venue.
The Baba Nla star also sold out the Skyway Theatre in Minnesota, on October 6, 2018. He is the first African artiste to sell out the theatre. He was also rewarded with a day set aside to celebrate him, called Wizkid Day.