- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
PDP-controlled Rivers State loses senators to APC as Osinakachukwu Ideozu defects
The Senator representing Rivers West, Osinakachukwu Ideozu, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.
Majority Leader at the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, announced Osinakachukwu’s defection at plenary on Wednesday.
Lawan, who was moving a motion for the adjournment of plenary till November 6, welcomed and congratulated him for joining the majority party. With this, the three senators from Rivers, a PDP-controlled state, are now members of the APC.
The others are Senators Andrew Uchendu (Rivers East) and Magnus Abe (Rivers South East).