- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
PDP-controlled Rivers State loses senators to APC as Osinakachukwu Ideozu defects
The Senator representing Rivers West, Osinakachukwu Ideozu, has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress.
Majority Leader at the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, announced Osinakachukwu’s defection at plenary on Wednesday.
Lawan, who was moving a motion for the adjournment of plenary till November 6, welcomed and congratulated him for joining the majority party. With this, the three senators from Rivers, a PDP-controlled state, are now members of the APC.
The others are Senators Andrew Uchendu (Rivers East) and Magnus Abe (Rivers South East).