- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
I sleep with boys because I have no girlfriend, 16-year-old gay arrested in Ondo
A 16-year-old boy who was allegedly arrested and is being investigated for gay sex, has said that he indulged in the illegality because he has no girlfriend.
The Ondo State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps arrested the 16-year-old boy (name withheld), for allegedly committing an offence related to homosexuality in Akure, the Ondo State capital.
The suspect, who worked as a sales boy in a liquor shop in Oshodi market, Akure, was alleged to be sexually assaulting some young boys at the market.
According to a source, the suspect allegedly sodomised about three young boys in the same market.
It was gathered that the suspect enticed his victims with N200 snacks each time he intended to engage in the act that security agents said he carried out inside his shop.
The source said, “He (the suspect) was exposed when one of the boys in the market rejected his advances and reported the matter to his parents.
“After he was arrested by the people of the market, he confessed to committing the act and said that he started sleeping with the young boys since August 2018 because he had no girlfriend.
“Three of his victims are between the ages of 12 and 13. Later, the suspect was handed over to the civil defence men.”
The state commandant of NSCDC, Pedro Ideba, while parading the suspect at the command’s headquarters in Akure on Thursday, said the suspect would be arraigned in court for sodomy after the completion of investigation.
He advised parents to properly monitor their wards and be wary of the company they keep to prevent them from being victims of rapists, paedophiles and other sex predators.