- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Popular Actor, Femi Adebayo Salami escapes assassination in Lagos
It is often common that celebrities and people of high status in the society are easy target for thieves and even kidnappers because they usually have a lot of money to offer. Just recently, Nollywood actor, Femi Adebayo Salami escaped an attack that could have been worse, had he been located.
Femi Adebayo Salami who is also a politician shared the details of the incident on his social media page, where he revealed that his car was attacked on CMD road in Magodo area of Lagos , around 12PM on November 8.
The actor stated that his driver who was enroute his location was attacked by two armed men, bearing AK47s. They cornered his car and tried unlocking it with the rare of their guns, all to no avail. Luckily, the driver was able to maneuver and escape the dangerous situation but not before the car was dented and damaged.
Femi Salami who appeared sure that the gunmen had planned to attack him and perhaps, kill him, expressed relief that he was absent from the vehicle during the incident. There’s no saying whether it could have been the end of the actor, had he been in the car, but a lot of fans are grateful that he is safe.
View this post on Instagram
🙏🙏 I thank God for his protection over me and mine. I know my job comes with its risk. Working as an Actor and Politician requires my regular movement. . . Today, Just at the U turn coming from CMD Magodo around 7UP heading towards Ojota, my vehicle was accosted by men in a Toyota Corolla. They crossed my vehicle at the U Turn. 2 men alighted from the vehicle bearing AK47s. They tried to force the doors open. They kept hitting my car with the butt of their gun. In the process, they broke the door handle and left dents on different parts of my vehicle. . . All these happened in full view of other vehicles and other individuals passing by. In the short time this happened, no one came to help. The guys were obviously not Policemen, they didn’t wear any Insigna of the force. They wore plain clothes and had extra guts to perform this act during the day at about 12 noon. . . Their assumption will have been that I was in the vehicle but my driver was the only one enroute to my location. With swiftness, he was able to maneuver and speed off. I thank God for keeping him. We are all still shocked at this but grateful to God that no life was lost in the process. 🙏#FemiAdebayo
Another interesting story; Femi Adebayo Celebrates Two Years Wedding Anniversary With His Second Wife