- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Father of three commits suicide in Akwa Ibom after returning from village
A father of three believed to be in his late thirties has committed suicide by hanging, at his residence in NEPA Line, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
The dangling body of the deceased was found in his room when his colleagues came to his house to find out why he has not reported to the office after some days.
According to a source, who pleaded anonymity, the deceased just returned to Uyo on Wednesday from his village in Rivers State where his family resides.
It was gathered that the deceased, whose name could not be ascertained as at press time parked into the compound few months ago.
Another source who described the deceased as a gentleman, said he could not have believed that the man could take his own life.
He maintained that the wife of the deceased, who is also pregnant when informed of the incident, said that the husband called her early hours of Thursday and begged her and the children to forgive him.
He added that the wife said she had no inkling that the husband would go to the extent of killing himself.
However, when the Police Public Relation Officer DSP MacDon Odiko, was contacted, he said he would not comment on the issue since the matter has not been reported to his office.
Another interesting topic; Police free man who raped me, lady recounts ordeal in Ibadan Police station