- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
ASUU National President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, while speaking with newsmen at the end of the closed door meeting in Abuja, noted that negotiations were still ongoing.
He said both parties were yet to reach a concrete decision.
“For now, we have started to discuss. We are yet to reach any concrete decision. Once we have more information, we will make ourselves available to the press.
“The union will reconvene very soon to continue negotiations,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the meeting, held at the instance of the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, was to find lasting solution to the ongoing strike by the university lecturers.
ASUU had, on November 4, embarked on an indefinite strike over poor funding of Nigerian universities and non-implementation of previous agreements by government.
Meanwhile, the President, National Association of Nigerian Students, Mr. Danielson Akpan, has urged both parties to have a common ground so that the universities can reopen.
He said they must put the interest of the country and Nigerian students above any other thing.
You may like to read; We can’t meet ASUU’s demands now — FG