- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
Fayose heads to Ibadan for PDP rally, after Lagos accident
The former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has headed to Ibadan for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign, scheduled to hold in Ibadan, on Thursday, just hours, after he was involved in an accident on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State.
His media aide, Lere Olayinka, broke the news of the accident on his social media pages.
Olayinka had stated: “He is in stable condition as I write while he is receiving medical attention.”
The former Chief Press Secretary to Fayose, Mr Idowu Adelusi, who confirmed the accident in a telephone chat with our correspondent, said: “It is true that he was involved in an accident, but a minor accident”.
Adelusi disclosed that the governor’s car rammed into a stationary commercial vehicle on the bridge. He said, “Nobody sustained injuries. The governor’s car only had minor damage.
“He is already on his way to Ibadan for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign rally for the South West billed for tomorrow (Thursday),” Adelusi said.
Responding to question of other vehicles in the governor’s entourage, Adelusi said: “Even when he was in office as governor, you know ‘oga’ rarely used convoy. It was only the vehicle that he was in that was involved”.
You may also lke to read; 2019: Secondus, Atiku, Saraki, blow hot, say APC in trouble