- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Fayose heads to Ibadan for PDP rally, after Lagos accident
The former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has headed to Ibadan for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign, scheduled to hold in Ibadan, on Thursday, just hours, after he was involved in an accident on the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State.
His media aide, Lere Olayinka, broke the news of the accident on his social media pages.
Olayinka had stated: “He is in stable condition as I write while he is receiving medical attention.”
The former Chief Press Secretary to Fayose, Mr Idowu Adelusi, who confirmed the accident in a telephone chat with our correspondent, said: “It is true that he was involved in an accident, but a minor accident”.
Adelusi disclosed that the governor’s car rammed into a stationary commercial vehicle on the bridge. He said, “Nobody sustained injuries. The governor’s car only had minor damage.
“He is already on his way to Ibadan for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign rally for the South West billed for tomorrow (Thursday),” Adelusi said.
Responding to question of other vehicles in the governor’s entourage, Adelusi said: “Even when he was in office as governor, you know ‘oga’ rarely used convoy. It was only the vehicle that he was in that was involved”.
You may also lke to read; 2019: Secondus, Atiku, Saraki, blow hot, say APC in trouble