- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Manchester City Is Still The Best Team In The World – Klopp
Jurgen Klpp has refuted claims from Pep Guardiola that Liverpool is the team to beat right now.
Jurgen Klopp still sees Manchester City to be the best team in the world, disregarding Pep Guardiola’s claim that Liverpool are the team to look out for.
Guardiola has said it would be “almost impossible” for City to defend their Premier League title if they fail to defeat Liverpool when they visit the Etihad on Thursday due of the effectiveness of the league leaders.
But despite Liverpool’s clean start to the league campaign and their seven-point advantage at the top, Klopp is still certain City remain the best.
“The opponent, for me, is still the best team in the world. And I don’t say that to say it, I said it weeks ago,” he told a news conference on Wednesday.
“It’s 100 percent my opinion because the way they play, the things they achieved, the ability and all that stuff. Nothing changed. Only the points changed, but not the preparation for the game.”
You Might Also Want To Read: Gaurdiola’s Daughter Weeps After Man. City’s Champions League Loss As Her Father Consoles Her
Klopp added: “I heard [Guardiola’s comments]. He said: In the moment.’ Yes, with the record we had in December — I’m not sure if another team had a record like this in December, I don’t know — we are in a good moment. And we are a very, very, very good football team as well, so that’s why we have the amount of points, that’s why we had the results. But we prepare for one game.
“Would I say they are the best team in the world if nobody asked me? No. But we talk about it. It sounds like we go there and we are more likely to win the game than they [are]. It’s just not true.
“Only the situation a couple of weeks ago, we were a point behind and if you lose then it’s four points.
It’s only talk, it’s nothing to do with the reality. A big part of the football world is talking about it before it happens. But we are there to let it happen. That’s the difference.
“We are very excited because it’s a very interesting, difficult, game we have to play. Apart from that, it’s a normal situation.”
Liverpool are trying to win their first league title since 1990, as well as their first trophy under Jurgen Klopp.
You Might Also Want To Read: Liverpool Fans Ecstatic With What Diego Costa Did To Sergio Ramos Yesterday