- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
Seun Kuti reacts to claims of Burna Boy being first Nigerian artist to perform at Coachella
Seun Kuti who shared a photo of his performance at Coachella in 2012, wondered if those behind the claim think he is a Togolese or Ghanaian.
He wrote on Facebook;
First Nigerian artiste to perform in Coachella? I must be from Ghana then or maybe Togo!!
This is coming after we reported that Damin Ogulu, popularly called Burna Boy, and Tosin Ajibade, popularly called Mr Eazi, are shortlisted to perform live alongside other top international stars at the music festival.
The announcement was contained in a press release on the official website of Coachella. This is the first time the Nigerian duo will be performing live at the music festival. The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert.
Mr Eazi and Burna Boy will be performing alongside other stars such as Ariana Grande, Donald Glover, Kid Cudi, Janelle Monac, Wiz Khalifa, Tame Impala, Bad Bunny, Clairol, Diplo, Childish Gambino and more.