- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Seun Kuti reacts to claims of Burna Boy being first Nigerian artist to perform at Coachella
Seun Kuti who shared a photo of his performance at Coachella in 2012, wondered if those behind the claim think he is a Togolese or Ghanaian.
He wrote on Facebook;
First Nigerian artiste to perform in Coachella? I must be from Ghana then or maybe Togo!!
This is coming after we reported that Damin Ogulu, popularly called Burna Boy, and Tosin Ajibade, popularly called Mr Eazi, are shortlisted to perform live alongside other top international stars at the music festival.
The announcement was contained in a press release on the official website of Coachella. This is the first time the Nigerian duo will be performing live at the music festival. The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert.
Mr Eazi and Burna Boy will be performing alongside other stars such as Ariana Grande, Donald Glover, Kid Cudi, Janelle Monac, Wiz Khalifa, Tame Impala, Bad Bunny, Clairol, Diplo, Childish Gambino and more.