- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Recall that some Political thugs reportedly working for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara State on Sunday attacked the Agbaji Ilorin family residence of the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki. Few hours apart, APC’s governorship candidate in Kwara, Abdulrahman Abdulrazak had to be escorted away from a rally in Ilorin on Sunday after suspected political thugs fired bullets into the crowd leaving at least two persons seriously injured while vehicles damaged as thousands fled the scene.
The Nigerian Police Force confirmed the attack in a statement by spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, affirming that the thugs went on the rampage in Ilorin, Kwara and disrupted a rally being held by the All Progressives Congress.
“As we speak, the situation report from Kwara State Police Command was that the APC holding a Governorship campaign rally at Agbaji in Ilorin came under a sudden attack by suspected PDP thugs, who disrupted the rally, damaged five vehicles and some Keke Napep and wounded two innocent people”, police spokesman Jimoh Moshood said.