- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
Face of Everton FC fan slashed as violence break out before FA Cup match
An Everton FC fan has been slashed in the face after fans of his club engaged in a brawl with fans of Millwall on Saturday. The man identified as Jay Burns suffered in the violence that broke out ahead of an FA Cup tie between both clubs.
Two police officer on horses had to use their baton to stop the brawl that took place in Southwark park in South East London.
Sharing a picture of his slashed face online, the Everton FC fan wrote:
‘Can’t look in the mirror’
‘Absolutely devastated about me face.’
‘Nice one to all the Everton lads and everyone who has messaged me and the Liverpool lads who have messaged me, much appreciated.
‘I can’t even look at me self in the mirror. Daft c**t award goes to me again.’
The game ended 3-2 in favour of Millwall which now faces the risk of stadium closure due to racists chants heard from fans.