- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal Office have arrested six suspected internet fraudsters in Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
They were nabbed at their hotel hideouts in Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The suspects, comprising four men and two ladies are: Oghenekewe Innocent Akinnawo, Kemka Godseat Amadi, Revelation Macaulay, Damilola Adedoyin Oyinloye, Mary Ndubuisi and Jennifer Vandi.
A statement by the commission said their arrest followed series of intelligence report linking them with alleged fraudulent activities ranging from love scam on numerous dating sites, obtaining money by false pretences and other fraud still being investigated.
“Several items were recovered from them at the point of arrest”, it reads.
“Some of them are three exotic cars: Benz- E350-4Matic; Toyota Camry XLE and Benz- GLE 450.
“Others are four iPhones, four laptops; one iPad, one iron sealed stamp; cheque books, car number plates and two un-used bullets.”
The statement added that the suspects will soon be charged to court.