- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Port Harcourt Zonal Office have arrested six suspected internet fraudsters in Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
They were nabbed at their hotel hideouts in Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The suspects, comprising four men and two ladies are: Oghenekewe Innocent Akinnawo, Kemka Godseat Amadi, Revelation Macaulay, Damilola Adedoyin Oyinloye, Mary Ndubuisi and Jennifer Vandi.
A statement by the commission said their arrest followed series of intelligence report linking them with alleged fraudulent activities ranging from love scam on numerous dating sites, obtaining money by false pretences and other fraud still being investigated.
“Several items were recovered from them at the point of arrest”, it reads.
“Some of them are three exotic cars: Benz- E350-4Matic; Toyota Camry XLE and Benz- GLE 450.
“Others are four iPhones, four laptops; one iPad, one iron sealed stamp; cheque books, car number plates and two un-used bullets.”
The statement added that the suspects will soon be charged to court.