- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
News Court orders the arrest of Code of Conduct Bureau chairman for contempt over El-Rufai’s asset declaration
On Friday, a Kaduna State High Court issued a warrant of arrest against the Chairman of Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, for contempt.
The warrant of arrest was issued by Justice Mario Mohammed after the chairman had ignored several summons by the court in a suit between Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai and Today’s publishing Company Limited, and one other.
A warrant form obtained directed that police personnel and authorities should arrest the CCB Chairman and produce him before the court on Feb. 13, 2019. Earlier, Today Publishing company, the publisher of The Union Newspapers had filed application requesting the court to subpoena CCB Chairman to produce assets declaration of El-Rufai in court after several failed efforts it made to obtain it from the CCB.
Justice Mohammed granted the approval based on the application filed by Counsel to The Union Newspapers, Mr J.N. Egwuonwu (SAN), during the continuation of defence at previous sitting.
Egwuonwu represented by Hiifan Andrew Abuul had written application to the court to Subpoena CCB to tender the asset declaration of the Governor before the court.