- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
News Court orders the arrest of Code of Conduct Bureau chairman for contempt over El-Rufai’s asset declaration
On Friday, a Kaduna State High Court issued a warrant of arrest against the Chairman of Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, for contempt.
The warrant of arrest was issued by Justice Mario Mohammed after the chairman had ignored several summons by the court in a suit between Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai and Today’s publishing Company Limited, and one other.
A warrant form obtained directed that police personnel and authorities should arrest the CCB Chairman and produce him before the court on Feb. 13, 2019. Earlier, Today Publishing company, the publisher of The Union Newspapers had filed application requesting the court to subpoena CCB Chairman to produce assets declaration of El-Rufai in court after several failed efforts it made to obtain it from the CCB.
Justice Mohammed granted the approval based on the application filed by Counsel to The Union Newspapers, Mr J.N. Egwuonwu (SAN), during the continuation of defence at previous sitting.
Egwuonwu represented by Hiifan Andrew Abuul had written application to the court to Subpoena CCB to tender the asset declaration of the Governor before the court.