- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
This is coming less than one week to the 2019 presidential election. Plateau State INEC Head of Department, Voter Education and Publicity, Osaretin Imahiyereobo, confirmed the incident to Daily Trust in a statement on Sunday.
Imahiyereobo described the incident as a setback for the preparations for the general elections in the Local Government Area.
The statement read: “The INEC office is completely burnt with all its content i.e Ballot Boxes, Generators serviced and filled with fuel, cubicles, newly printed electronic and manual Voters Register, uncollected PVCs, materials for the preparations of RAC and other materials yet to be identified.
“The management team led by the Administrative Secretary, Gbadamasi Rasheed are on their way to assess the situation.”
See photos below.