- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
- BREAKING: PDP wins all three Senatorial Districts in Rivers
- Trouble for BIAFRA as Court orders Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest
The ugly numbers as Chelsea capitulate to heaviest Premier League loss
Records tumbled as Chelsea crashed to their largest Premier League loss in a 6-0 hammering at the hands of Manchester City on Sunday.
Maurizio Sarri’s reputation took another damaging blow less than two weeks on from the dreadful 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth with the Italian’s team ruthlessly sliced apart at the Etihad Stadium.
The Blues shipped four goals in the first half of a top-flight match for the first time since 1999 and the ugly stats piled up from there, Sergio Aguero and a rampant City offering no respite after the interval.
Star striker Aguero celebrated a scene-stealing treble while Raheem Sterling bookended the scoring on a miserable day for the visitors, who dropped back to sixth in the table.
Here is a snapshot of the damning numbers from a dark day for Chelsea.
1 – This was the first time a Sarri side has conceded more than four goals in a match, and marked his heaviest ever league defeat as a head coach.
4 – Chelsea have shipped a minimum of four goals in consecutive away league games for the first time since December 1990.
6 – The Londoners conceded six goals in a Premier League match for the first time in their history. This was also their heaviest hiding in all competitions since April 1991.
7 – The Blues are winless in their last seven league away games against ‘Big Six’ teams, and have lost the last five in a row.
13 – Only embattled Fulham have given up more Premier League goals in 2019 (15) than Chelsea’s 13.