- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
The ugly numbers as Chelsea capitulate to heaviest Premier League loss
Records tumbled as Chelsea crashed to their largest Premier League loss in a 6-0 hammering at the hands of Manchester City on Sunday.
Maurizio Sarri’s reputation took another damaging blow less than two weeks on from the dreadful 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth with the Italian’s team ruthlessly sliced apart at the Etihad Stadium.
The Blues shipped four goals in the first half of a top-flight match for the first time since 1999 and the ugly stats piled up from there, Sergio Aguero and a rampant City offering no respite after the interval.
Star striker Aguero celebrated a scene-stealing treble while Raheem Sterling bookended the scoring on a miserable day for the visitors, who dropped back to sixth in the table.
Here is a snapshot of the damning numbers from a dark day for Chelsea.
1 – This was the first time a Sarri side has conceded more than four goals in a match, and marked his heaviest ever league defeat as a head coach.
4 – Chelsea have shipped a minimum of four goals in consecutive away league games for the first time since December 1990.
6 – The Londoners conceded six goals in a Premier League match for the first time in their history. This was also their heaviest hiding in all competitions since April 1991.
7 – The Blues are winless in their last seven league away games against ‘Big Six’ teams, and have lost the last five in a row.
13 – Only embattled Fulham have given up more Premier League goals in 2019 (15) than Chelsea’s 13.